1. How you loop through SPList and SpDocumentLibrary . Give code snippets
Ans : SPSite, SPWeb, SPList,SPQuery
foreach(ListItemCollection item in ListItems)
2. Default database for Sharepoint
3. Differences b/w wss and Portal Server Moss
4. Deployment of WebPart
5. In Asp.Net how to create webparts
6. What is the use of STSADM
7. Extension of webpart Ans: .dwp
8. Base class of WebPart
10. Can a clustered index be created on a table that does nt have primary key
Ans: Yes (doubt)
11. New concepts in SqlServer 2005
Ans : Service Broker
SSIS is called DTS
What are analysis services
PIVOT , UNPIVOT
12. How error handling is done in aspx page
ans: a. use try catch
b. use web.config, global.asax .there you can find events for error handling (Application_Error)
14. Private , Shared and Satellite Assemblies
15. What is Server Farm in SharePoint
Server Farm = Web farm in dotnet . Used for load balancing
Genesys II nd Round
1. Ado.net architecture
2. Difference b/w Dataset and Datareader
3. What is the return value for the following :
a. ExecuteReader … . Reader
b. ExecuteScalar …. first row first column value
c. ExecuteNonQuery …. Integer type, no. of rows affected
4. Default session TimeOut value in Asp.net
Ans : 20 mins
How to avoid session timeout even after 20 mins. ie how to keep session alive
Ans : Meta Tag
<HTTP Equiv-Meta = >
5. Where ViewState is stored
6. How many viewstates can be created when 10 webcontrols are placed in a form?
Ans: Only one for all 10 webcontrols
7. If the size of the contents in ViewState is increased then values will be truncated in ViewState .How to increase the size of ViewState?
Ans: Increase Page Limit in Page Directive
8.Two simultaneous updations are going on a record in Dotnet. How to rectify?
Ans: Use Transactions
9. Ado.Net DataRelation Syntax
Ans: datarelation(“drname”, dataset1.columnname, dataset2.columnname)
10. After getting data into dataset if five records are updated then how to reflect these changes into databases also?
Ans: Use AcceptChanges
11. Methods of DataSet and DataAdapter
What is the method that is used to insert one new record ?
Genesys III rd Round
1. In Form tag in aspx page what is the default submission method? (Get or Post)?
2. What is ServiceContract in WCF?
3. How to create proxy class using SVCUtility?
4. If you are writing your own webservice then WSDL will be created?
5. Temportary Tables in RAM
@@ global variables : @@Error, @@RowCount
@ local variables
# Temporary Table
6. Two sps having a temporary table with the same name.So it must be dropped in SP explicitly ,otherwise conflicts occurs
7 . Ajax
Two datagrids are there in web page. One is normal one and other is ajax datagrid.
Ans: Ajax DataGrid used partial rendering
8. What is GET and POST
9. Diff b/w Interface and Abstract class
10. FullText search(also SQL Search) and WildCard character Search
11. How to create UserDefined Functions (UDF) in Sqlserver
1. Types of testing : WhiteBox, BlackBox
2. How to debug asp.net applications
3. Which object model you are using in Sharepoint
4. What is Polymorphism
5. Ado.Net objects
6. How to call stored procedure in Ado.net
Ans: Command.Type = “Stored Procedure”
Command.Text = “sp name”