- How to customize the site color? Default color given by Microsoft is Blue, how to change the color to red?
- How to stop providing delete option when creating a user?
- Diff b/w WSS and portal server?
Ans: WSS- created on IIS, SQL server and windows 2003 Operating system
– Single site
SPS – Collection of sites (intranet)
– It is created on IIS,SQL server and windows 2003 Os and on WSS
Then what is the difference b/w WSS and a web application?
- Share point web part namespace and what is the base class for a Share point web part.
- How to communicate b/w two web parts?
Ans: IRowConsumer, IRowProvider, Icolumnconsumer, IColumnProvider, Transformer
- How did u used Sharepoint web parts and ASP.NET 2.0 web parts?
- What is the file name extension for custom web controls? Is it a dll or ascx or aspx?
- Sharepoint Object model?
- What are the components of Sharepoint object model?
Ans: IIS,Windows server 2003 ,Visual studio, SQL server
10. What are the databases that are created by Sharepoint?How are they used?
Ans: Portal server name_prof,_site,_server and a config database
11. Share point installation?
12. UI layer is present in one server, DAL in one server and BLL in another server, how to communicate b/w them?
13. Session state will be stored in one server and application in one server, how to link them?
14. How do u provide security for web parts?
Ans: <trust level=”WSS minimal”> and using safe control
15. New features in SQL server 2005
16. Windows authentication in web.config file. What is the internal concept behind their implementation? Hint: Active directory services
17. What are the basic methods to be overloaded while creating a web part?
Ans: CreateChildControl, Render web part(this method used HTMLTextWriter)
- Two parameters are doing manipulations on the same record of a dataset in .NET. How to prevent accessing the same record simultaneously?
- If you want another transaction to happen asynchronously without waiting for the previous transaction to complete, how you can achieve this in .NET?
Tip: Create each transaction in one thread.
- ASP.NET roles and membership? What are the default providers?
In Solution explorer 4th tab GUI is Asp.net Membership Configuraion wizard
It will create sps , tables . We can create Users|Roles|Server|Providers. If this GUI is corrupted how you will customize roles and memberships through code?
- How to deploy windows application in live server?
Ans: Setup and deployment projects and cute FTP
- Have you done deployment through wizard?
- What is the diff b/w Cache and cookie?
- C# 2.0 generics?We can go for overloading then why do we need generics?
- what is the namespace that is to be included in .NET for using transactions?
- Where the viewstate values are getting populated in the page life cycle?
Ans: LoadViewstate event
10. How to write code that should identify whether the framework is installed or not?
11. How to publish a web application in Asp.net 2.0? How to deploy in Live Server?
What are the publishing tools that are provided in Asp.net 2.0? How to customize that deployment process?
- Create view syntax?
- Complicated query which I had written till now?
- Self join?
- Types of joins?
- If your query performance is getting reduced how to solve the problem?
- Uses of cursors?
- Types of indexes?
- Can we create clustered index on a table which is not having primary key?
- Diff b/w SP and function?
10. Can we create views on multiple tables? If we take insert statement in which table will it show effect?
11. Diff b/w Union and Union ALL?
12. Types of authentication in SQL server?
Ans: Mixed and windows
In aspx page connection string initial catalog=”SSPI” is used for windows authentication. Which one is best? Ans: windows authentication because it depends on active directory services
13. Diff databases are there in SQL servers if you are specifying windows authentication in connection string then can u connect to any database of a SQL server?
Ans: No First you should have permission on the particular database in the SQL server
- 4 clients are connected to DB sevrrr.Another client need to connect to SQL server.How to do SQL server registration?
Ans: Add user registration in Enterprise manager
- .Net framework, CLR?
- Diff b/w ASP and ASP.NET?
- Joins, Triggers, DTS?
- Interface and abstract class and their real time usage?
- int add(int a,int b)
float add(int a,int b)Is this overloading or overriding?
- Exception handling in SQL
Ans: @@error, @@rowcount, sp_addmessage, raiseerror
10. Data grid rendering.How the events are fired in datagrid?(Events sequence)
11. default base class : System.object
12. User defined controls and custom web controls
13. HTMl controls and ASP.NET web controls,if we use runat=”server” for HTMl controls what happens?
14. Diff b/w viewstate and control state?
15. what is auoeventwireup?
16. Typed dataset and untyped dataset?
17. Diff b/w drop truncate and delete?
18. Diff b/w persistent cookie and temporary cookie?
19. Session storage- inproc,outproc and SQL server
- In 1.aspx.cs file we have namespace with two classes and two page loads. Is it possible to have two page loads?
Ans: Yes it is possible.
In aspx HTML page source code see the Page Directive
<@Page codebehind = 1.aspx.cs inherits = “Class A”>
So it inherits. You can mention class name. So if you have two page loads also no problem.
Public Class A
Public void Page_Load()
Public Class B
Public void Page_Load()
- We are having UI code in one server. BLL in one server and DAL layer in another application server. How to link UI layer with BLL layer ?
Ans: Use WebFarm and WebGardening concept
- What is Composition , Aggregation in UML?
Aggregation : HardDisk, Speakers, CPU, Monitor
Can exists without others. They are independent
Composition: With a record in Invoice an Invoice bill cannot exists.
- How you implement composition through coding?
Question : Class B cannot exist without Class A
Ans: use nested classes. Ie Domain, SubDomain
- Self Join:
Employee : Create table Employee (empid int, mngid int, empname varchar(50))
Then query is :
Select a.empid, a.empname as headname , b.empname from employee a join employee b on a.empid = b.depid
Then Query is:
Select a.empid, b.empname as Headname ,a.empname from Employee a join Employee b on a.depid = b.empid